Sunday, April 12, 2009

High School Journalist of the Year



I am pleased to announce that on Thursday i was named the High School Journalist of the Year for the state of Missouri. i did not even know that i was a finalist until i read the brochure that announced the several finalists. something seemed a bit out of place the whole time though, the MC said that the winner would be awarded a yearly scholarship to the Univerity of Missouri's school of journalism, but i knew they had already called my journalism advisor and offered the scholarship to me through her. furthemore, a friend sighted my parents in the audience, and i haddnt even informed them of the event. turns out, i was announced the winner!

the MIPA Journalism day went quite well. the shootoff competition went wonderfully, too. i won first place. i have posted my shots from the day's competition.

No comments:

About This Blog